Sunday, November 2, 2008



My mom sent us photos of she and my dad and their friends in college.
























moms on the left

pops with the cool lean


They met in 1979 and got married in 1980 and then had five kids and stayed married and are still in such a state of union.

My grandparents got married when they were 13 and fourteen, in 1952, had six kids, and were married for more than fifty years til' my grandpa passed away in 2004.

So it's because of my parents and my grandparents that I've no problem with people being in love young, it seems feasible to me and I've been incredibly lucky to live in today's society, where divorce is as common as the flu in December, to have these two examples of love and marriage existing together.

Whenever I get down and out and lose trust in relationships, I do remember these folks because, I mean gees, talk about growing old together, my grandparents grew up together and everything. They moved to the other side of the country had all these kids, Grandpa was a Reverend, their kids got married, had all these grandkids, we learned from them. I sometimes forget to be amazed at my family. As I get older I forget less, though.

I'm sensing a poem. Which is goode, because I'm signed up to do stuff this Friday. It's sortof a really odd feeling to think that I'm going to be doing slam poetry the same night as Dahlak Braithwaite and ill-Literacy, mostly cause the closest I've come to something like that is meeting Paul Graham sophomore year.

Along with moviemaking, joining the ranks of slam poets that those in the know know is my dream, sadly it's loads more difficult since Def Poetry Jam isn't back.

MISSION ONE: get word to Russell Simmons and Mos Def that Def Poetry Jam has to come back because it exposes people to poetry worldwide.

Anyways, the point of the whole post is to say that life can be maddening but if I were doing that thing where I let my mp3 being on shuffle decide for me what I should do, then my decisions would simply be reinforced.

And I think Molly just climbed through the window.

Yep, she did.




"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."--Trotsky

5 comments:

brendan said...

Fix the pix.

brendan said...

FIX YO PIX AGAIN.
DAMMIT WOMAN DO I HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING.

Risha said...

ithought i fixed them!! i totally did! i can see them! dude you are so wrong!

brendan said...

They are there but the format's all messed up. Also how did you make the place where your text goes so wide?

Risha said...

oh, try looking at them via right click view image except in mac language. how did i make the text part so wide? i got a less angsty template. meaning i think i got the 'simple' template or something and just changed the fonts and colors and whatnot.


Followers