Tuesday, October 14, 2008

i can't figure out if i update this because i want to or because it's break and i'm currently in

the middle of the set for children of the corn.

I may have made a mistake in the past two days, but I refuse to decide right now on that matter. I'm also not quite positive Swat's worth the financial strain on the family income yet. I'd like to figure that out by the school year's end.

If I were the second tallest man in the world, and the official first tallest man in the world beat me by 2mm then I'd definitely create an elaborate plan to shave six mm of height from him that didn't involve chopping off his feet or killing him because I bet I'd be able to sympathize with the life of a tall tall man and it's gotta be hard. Think of all the stooping.

Now this reminds me Esteban, the most handsomest drowned man in the world. Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

"But they also knew that everything would be different from then on, that their houses would have wider doors, higher ceilings, and stronger floors so that Esteban's memory could go everywhere without bumping into beams and so that no one in the future would dare whisper the big boob finally died, too bad, the handsome fool has finally died, because they were going to paint their house fronts gay colors to make Esteban's memory eternal and they were going to break their backs digging for springs among the stones and planting flowers on the cliffs so that in future years at dawn the passengers on great liners would awaken, suffocated by the smell of gardens on the high seas, and the captain would have to come down from the bridge in his dress uniform, with his astrolabe, his pole star, and his row of war medals and, pointing to the promontory of roses on the horizon, he would say in fourteen languages, look there, where the wind is so peaceful now that it's gone to sleep beneath the beds, over there, where the sun's so bright that the sunflowers don't know which way to turn, yes, over there, that's Esteban's village."


I admire most those authors who write magical realism and can write page long sentences that don't need a breath in them.

2 comments:

brendan said...

My English teacher said it should be called "real magical." She's super smart.

Risha said...

oooooh i like that


Followers